Wednesday, January 9, 2013

My European Adventure - A Walk on Rothenburgs City Wall

The day we decided to walk the city of Rothenburgs wall was perfect!  It was the perfect fall day.

These are the stairs leading up to the wall.
Don't you wonder if these stairs could talk what stories they could tell?
 In addition to wanting my next house to be a castle, I've decided I want a wall like this surrounding my home to keep out intruders.
 And I would have to have these installed in the wall so I could take care of business if said intruders tried to get in!
 All along the wall were the names of those that donated money to the city of Rothenburg to help restore it after the war.




 This is a view of St. James's Church that was built between 1311 and 1484.  We didn't go inside, but we did walk around the outside and it is quite beautiful.
 Some more pics of the walls in Rothenburg.
 The doors were quite charming.

I loved on the streets signs they included signs for carriage rides.
 I loved the sound of hooves on the cobblestone.
Another charming doorway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips