Tuesday, March 26, 2013

American Girl Lapbook

I designed my first ever lapbook. I'm pretty proud of myself. We LOVE lapbooks at our house. My girls especially. They are very crafty and lapbooks are essentially an educational scrapbook. Up until now I've always used someone else's work. So here it is. It's all about Marie Grace, one of the newer historical characters American Girl has come out with. Let me know what you think!  A link to all of the printable's will follow this post.
This is the cover of the lapbook.
This is how I folded the file folder.
This is inside the lapbook with all of the components.
A pocket with facts on steamboats.
 This section contains a wheel on the lifecycle of the mosquito and a booklet on mosquito facts. There is also a fold down about the Louisiana Purchase and the triangle is about Mardi Gras.
This is a vocabulary booklet of French Words. The bottom component is a petal booklet with Louisiana State facts.

Hope you enjoy! Let me know if you have any questions!

French Vocab List
Lifecycle of a Mosquito 
Louisiana Purchase
Louisiana State Facts
Mardi Gras
Marie Grace Pictures
Mosquito Booklet
Steamboat Facts


5 comments:

  1. I love this! We have been working through all the American Girls, and I've had a hard time finding lapbook stuff for the newer girls. Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just like Holyhart, I've been working through them too. I was especially worried about finding stuff for Marie-Grace and knew my daughter was looking forward to her since she got her for Christmas. This is fantastic. Thanks so much for sharing it and for making it free. Such a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is incredible and one of the nicest I have seen. Will be using this in the future (daughter is only 4). Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm printing this for a second time to use with my second daughter, who is just finishing the books. We're grateful for your willingness to share! Blessings, Gwenyth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! THis is a huge help for our AG homeschool club.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips