Monday, March 11, 2013

Clear Your Dishes Challenge

I'm sure none of you moms out there have had this problem, but I have been trying to get my kids to consistently clear their dishes for MONTHS!!! Pretty much it has turned into more of a chore and annoyance for me to remind them that often I end up just doing it myself.  So this week for family night we instituted the Clear Your Dishes Challenge.  They say that it takes 30 days to form a habit so that's how long this challenge is going to last. Here's how it's going to go.  I made these charts for each of the kids. Every time they remember to clear their dishes they get to check off a box.  There is a box for every meal.  Now 30 days is a long time to stay motivated so to keep them going every Sunday if they have all their boxes checked they'll get a special treat.  So for the first 3 weeks they'll get special treats on Sunday if all the boxes are marked.  On the final week if they have marked off every single box they get the grand prize . . . Pizza and buy a movie!  They are pretty excited!  Lets see if we can keep that excitement going and I will keep you posted on their progress. 
I also left links at the bottom of this post if you want to print them off for your kiddos and join in on the challenge.

Week 1 and 2

Week 3 and 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips