Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My European Adventure - Part 6 Paris

My posts about Paris wouldn't be complete without posting about the food.  We did come across a Domino's pizza, but there was no way I was going to eat Domino's pizza while I was there.

I thought this was funny.  They deliver the pizzas via scooters.  There were tons of these scooters lined up out front.
 This was the first meal I enjoyed in Paris.  Croque Monsieur.
 Another first was trying Orangina.  My dad LOVES this stuff!  I thought it was o.k.  It's a kind of orange soda with less carbonation and real bits of orange.  I thought it was a little bitter, but not horrible.
 Another dinner we had was savory crepes.  Oh my heavens!  YUM!!!  I think mine was chicken, mozzarella, and onions.  So good!!  
 I can't believe I actually got a picture of me eating it cause I am pretty sure I devoured it in 5 secs. flat. 
 And what would a trip to Paris be without a sweet crepe.  This one was butter and sugar.  Again, YUM!!!

 I can't take my dad anywhere!  He was so worried about me embarrassing him on this trip, but whose embarrassed now? 
 On our first night, in an effort to stay awake, we were walking around and happened to find this gelato shop right around where Victor Hugos home supposedly used to be.  Not being one to pass up some good gelato we went in.  My dad ordered a cone and it seemed to be taking forever for a simple ice cream cone.  Little did we know that the man scooping the ice cream was actually creating a work of art.  Is that not amazing?  You almost didn't want to eat it, but only almost!  It tasted AMAZING!
 One of my goals while in Paris was to get pan au chocolat.  It's basically a fresh croissant with chocolate baked inside.  So while walking down the Rue Clare I found this cute bakery that had what I was looking for.  Look at how they wrapped it up!
 Was it everything I had hoped for?  Oh my, YES!!!!
 And we couldn't go into the bakery and not come out without a baguette.  We just ripped it off in big pieces as we made our way to the Eiffel Tower and it was perfect!
 Every morning this is what I had for breakfast.  Hot chocolate or chocolat chaud and a croissant.
 I love how the french eat their meals.  For the most part all of the restaurants have these outdoor eating areas.  Everyone takes their time eating their meal and enjoying conversation. 
 Even late into the night people sit outside, even if its cold, and enjoy their meal and company.
 This is the end of my Paris portion of the trip.  Sad I know!  I LOVED Paris!  This is the train station.  I managed to get even more food while at the station.  French chocolates.  Again, YUM!
Leaving Paris.  I'm pretty sure a tear or two was shed.
 Look at the pretty French countryside!  Now on to Germany!
I may have purchased a couple extra pan au chocolat for the road.  Shhh...don't tell anyone!  I'm a little embarrassed by the amount of pastries I ate in such a short amount of time!  But not embarrassed enough to not share it with the blogging world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips