Sunday, January 13, 2013

My European Adventure - The Clown Car

This post isn't going to be very long 1)because it's late and I need to go to bed and 2)even though it's a short post this story needs it's own little blurb.  So my dad decided the best way to get from Denmark to Sweden would be to drive.  Pictured below is apparently what Europe considers a LARGE sized car.  While waiting for my dad at the hotel to come and pick us up in the rental car, every car that passed us that was small we would say, "I hope that's not our car."  When this car came around the corner the same words escaped our lips, but the car didn't pass us.  It pulled up right next to us.  It was then that bad words started to go off in my head.
Here we are CRAMMED into this tiny clown car.  I am pretty sure this car is meant for a max of 4 very small people and 1 bag of luggage.  Maybe a carry on.  We managed to fit 5 people, 5 large suitcases, 10 carry ons, several bags full of purchased items from other countries, and a partridge in a pear tree.  Just kidding about the last one.  There wasn't room for that!
 
My dad's suitcase was crammed under my seat so I had my knees to my chest for pretty much the whole ride. 
 How long of a ride you ask?
 9 HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We did get to go across this amazing bridge that connects Denmark to Sweden though.  If you don't like bridges I wouldn't recommend going across this one.  The car ride wasn't so bad.  Downton Abby on the iPad made it bearable.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips