Monday, May 6, 2013

Lemon Blueberry Muffins


So the other day we were lucky to have our friends come and stay with us on their way out to go on a cruise. However, they had to leave at around 5:00 in the morning. For anyone who knows me, I DO NOT wake up that early. Not for anyone, doesn't matter who you are! I love ya, but it's just not right in my mind to be up that early! :) So in order for them to have some sort of breakfast on their way out the door in the morning I made some muffins that they could grab if they wanted. I decided to go with lemon blueberry. Mmmm....lemon and blueberry! Sooooo goooood!!!! 
I had heard or read somewhere that someone used dried blueberries in their muffins so I decided to give it a go. I ended up liking using the dry because I didn't have to be as careful folding them in so my batter wouldn't turn purple, but they still gave plenty of flavor.


So here is the recipe I went with adapted from gimmesomeoven.com
Ingredients
    Muffin Ingredients:
  • streusel topping (see ingredients below)
  • 1 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen (I used dried)
  • 2 cups + 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour, divided
  • 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 7 Tbsp. milk
  • 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
  • 1 Tbsp. loosely-packed lemon zest
  • (I added a few drops of doTerra's lemon oil to the batter as well)
  • Stresuel Topping Ingredients:
  • 2 Tbsp. melted butter, slightly cooled
  • 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
  • 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
  • 1/4 cup raw sugar ( i didn't have raw sugar so I just used all granulated and I thought they turned out fine)
  • (I also added a little lemon zest to the tops fo the muffins when the came out of the oven)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips