Monday, December 31, 2012

My European Adventure - Part 3 Paris

While in Paris we used the metro or subway to get everywhere.  If you ever plan on going to Paris, I highly recommend the metro system.  You can get anywhere on the metro and its the cheapest way, other than walking, to get around.  If you can get over being crammed in the cars during rush hour then this is the way to get around!


On our way to see the Eiffel Tower we walked through the Rue Clare to pick up Grandpa and Grandma.  The shops through here are exactly what I pictured Paris to be like.  The chocolate, pastries,  and cheese shops were abundant and I would have loved to have gone to each and everyone and tried everything, but unfortunately time nor my waistline would allow.





This little monument was just outside the park before reaching the Tower.  Now not to be a pervert but look at the placement of the guys hands in the middle of the carving.
Wait!  Here's a close up.  Um.... what's that about?!
And here is the Eiffel Tower.

My mom and dad took the elevator, but I REALLY wanted to climb the stairs.  So I convinced my brother and sister to do it with me.  My brother was eager but my sister, not so much!
Here's more stairs
And even more!
I don't know if you can see my sisters face, but she wasn't very happy with me.
And here is the home stretch on the stairs.
Come on sister.  You're almost there!
Come on!!!  You can do it!
We made it!  I was only slightly sweaty and had to pull my hair back, but it was TOTALLY worth it!  I think the six pounds I lost on my trip happened mostly because of this.
Do you see that strip of land in the middle of the river?  On the far end is something that not everyone knows is part of Paris.  10 pts. to those that can find it and name it!

Another view.  The dome is Napoleon's tomb.  I'll have pictures of that later.

After climbing all those stairs I was SUPER hungry so we decided to have lunch on the Eiffel Tower.  I had a simple baguette with ham and cheese and it was wonderful.  This pigeon decided to join us for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips