Monday, December 31, 2012

My European Adventure - Part 2 Paris

When we arrived in Paris it was our goal to just stay awake till 9:00 p.m. to help with jet lag.  We stopped off at our hotel (pictured below) and then headed out to see Notre Dame.
This picture was in our hotel room.  I think it was telling us to not eat in our room, but if taken literally in English it would just mean not laying out your picnic blanket and basket and eating on the floor.
This was taken on the street where our hotel was.  I LOVE all the flower baskets in the windows.  So many windows were like this in Paris.  I am pretty sure I need to do this in my next home!
We didn't have far to walk to get to Notre Dame.  It was so crowded though we didn't go in.  So the pictures of the inside are actually from another day.
The grounds around the cathedral were beautiful.


I had to take a picture of the Parisian birds.
These figures greet you as you enter Notre Dame
Maybe someone out there knows whats up with the beheaded dude??
 Classic Notre Dame stain glass window




After we saw Notre Dame it was still to early to go to bed so we decided to keep walking.  Close to our hotel was the Bastille as well as where Victor Hugo was believed to have lived.  
I wish I had time to take the Paris sewer tour so I could better picture Jean Valjean from Victor Hugos Les Miserables.  How cool would that have been?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips