Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Bake Sale

Last weekend the kids had a bake sale. Honey has a church activity at the end of the month and they have been encouraged to try and earn the money to buy fabric for blankets they will be making at the activity. I thought this would be a good way to make some money. Here are just some of the treats we made . . .
Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies
White Chocolate Chunk and Dark Chocolate Mint M & M Cookies
I happened to pick up a plethora of lemons at Costco so we had to make some goods with lemon in them.
Lemon Blueberry Muffins with a Lemon Sugar Topping

Lemon Pound Cake with a Lemon Glaze
 Here are the kids helping pit the cherries for the cherry crisps in a jar.
 Oh! And if you happen to see a pin on Pinterest where they use a straw to remove pits from cherries, let me save you some time and frustration and tell you IT DOESN'T WORK!! Chopsticks however do.  I know I have a cherry pitter somewhere, but I couldn't find it, so this is what I could come with and it worked pretty well other than the cherry stained fingers.
And here are all the goods packaged and ready to go!

 We had several advertisers. This is my brother. Ladies . . . He's available!
 I think these guys have a future as the Jamba Juice Banana advertiser! 
What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips